*Air On Demand no longer offers pool heater services. Please visit our service page to learn more about our Florida air conditioning services.
When you first purchased a swimming pool, you intended to use it all year long in order to get the most out of your investment. Of course, you didn’t envision that the water could become so cool, even in the beautiful Florida weather. A cold pool can make it less enjoyable and can keep you from getting the most out of your investment, which is why many homeowners choose to add on a pool heater as well.
If you own a heat pump pool heater, annual maintenance is key to keeping it working as it should all year round. While these are some of the most efficient types of pool heaters available on the market, there are a few things that may go wrong over time. Let’s take a look.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Heat pump pool heaters use refrigerant to absorb heat from the outdoor air, heat it up even further at the compressor, and transfer the heat to a heat exchanger through which water from the pool becomes heated. If refrigerant is low, you may notice insufficient heating or your system may fail to operate, and a technician will have to seal the leak(s).
- Broken Fan Motor: A large fan draws in air from the outside so that refrigerant can absorb the heat. If the fan motor breaks due to electrical problems or debris blocking the motor, a technician may need to repair or replace the motor or the fan.
- Heat Exchanger Problems: The heat exchanger is built to be fairly durable, but it could still fall victim to corrosion due to chemicals in the pool.
- Faulty Compressor: The compressor is the unit that heats up refrigerant to an extreme temperature and raise the pressure so that it can heat the water and pump back through the unit. If this is impaired, it may require a brand new unit.
- Improper Sizing: Unfortunately, a broken down pool heater, one that uses far too much energy, or a heater that doesn’t quite seem to do its job effectively may be the wrong size for your pool. Only let an experienced professional size your new water heater to prevent these sorts of problems from occurring.
Heat pump pool heaters are some of the most durable and efficient on the market, but they may need repairs at some point in time. Call Air On Demand for quality installation, maintenance or repair for pool heater in Kendall.