We know your home safety is a top priority, but did you know that there are approximately 15,000 fires caused by clothes dryers every year? Here are some tips on cleaning and maintaining your dryer so it will continue to run safely and efficiently.
- Be sure to read the manufacturers’ warnings and manuals before using a new dryer. Warning labels can often be found inside the dryer door or lid as well.
- Always clean the lint trap between loads of laundry.
- Clean the back of the dryer for lint and dust that may be trapped.
- Replace plastic exhaust hoses with a rigid or flexible metal venting.
- Periodically clean the interior of the dryer and the venting system. Routine maintenance will keep your dryer running efficiently and reduce drying time.
Click the link below to view more tips from the Consumer Product Safety Commission: