Keeping your air conditioner in proper working order when you live in Florida can honestly be more important than it could be elsewhere, if only because of how much longer our hot weather lasts–the truth is that is almost year-round.
With that said, it makes sense that you’d want to keep up on maintenance and address any air conditioning repair in Palmetto Bay promptly. Waiting can undermine your system’s ability to do its job and leave you with a system in need of replacement years too early.
When it comes to getting AC repairs, sooner is always better. So how can you figure out that you need to schedule a repair for your system? Keeps your ears on the alert!
Warning Noises You Might Hear From Your AC Unit
If you hear any of the following sounds from your AC while it is in operation, it is a good idea to reach out to schedule repairs for your system.
- Rattling: If there is a part that is coming loose in your system, it may create a rattling or even a clanging sound. The sooner this is addressed the better since loose parts can easily cause additional damage to the system that requires more expensive repairs.
- Hissing: Do you hear hissing while your AC is running? If so, don’t mistake this for the same sound as the air coming from your system. What you are actually hearing is the sound of refrigerant in its gaseous form escaping the refrigerant line. This will rapidly worsen the performance of your AC.
- Bubbling: If you hear bubbling from your AC unit then it is also likely a sign of a refrigerant leak. The difference here is that you are hearing air bubbles in the portion of the refrigerant line where the substance is still in liquid form.
- Screeching: Yikes! This sound is highly unpleasant on the ears but it will also be unpleasant for your system’s long-term effectiveness too. What you are hearing is metal grinding on metal such as when you have a dry blower motor belt.
- Silence: Have you stopped to listen to your air conditioner and instead discovered that you can’t hear anything at all? This is a problem just as much as some of the noises we’ve discussed here. That is because a silent air conditioner is one that isn’t operating at all.
If your air conditioner is fighting to get your home cool then you might hear it make some of the sounds we’ve listed here. The faster your system is repaired, the sooner you can relax at home without worry. What’s more, quick repairs will help keep the overall cost of the service lower than it would be if you wait.
If you need repairs for your air conditioner, you’ll want to reach out to a professional team of technicians to get the task taken care of. This is something that you can trust our team with.
Contact Air On Demand to get your air conditioner back into peak condition again.