In Miami, air conditioning repair usually has to come sooner rather than later. South Florida’s humid summers make life without air conditioning supremely uncomfortable, and no one likes to wait in the heat for a service technician to arrive. You can avoid air conditioning problems by taking a few preventative steps, which can not only save you from an AC breakdown at the worst possible time, but also help extend the life of your air conditioning system in the bargain.
Preventative maintenance serves as an excellent first line of defense. Change your air filter regularly and set up a recurring schedule with a qualified technician to clean and inspect your unit. He can spot leaks, address wear and tear, recharge refrigerant, and otherwise ensure that your air conditioner is running as smoothly as possible. Regular inspections can make you aware of significant issues when they’re still small and manageable, allowing you to correct the problem before it grows too large.
It also helps to pay attention to unusual activity in your air conditioning system, which may suggest a larger problem. This may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- A low air flow or lack of cool air, which could mean a clogged filter, leaky fittings or a blockage somewhere in the air conditioning system.
- Ice on the cooling coils, which suggests a damaged fan or low refrigerant levels.
- Strange noises, which could be anything from loose components grinding against each other to leaves and detritus in the system.
- An air conditioning system that cycles on and off rapidly, suggesting a problem with the condenser or electrical system.
- An air conditioning system that refuses to turn on, even though there is power in the home and the circuit breakers haven’t tripped. Many air conditioning components have safety switches designed to shut them off before an electronic overload or similar problem.
Regardless of the cause, once you detect these signs, you should contact a qualified expert immediately. Call Air On Demand for expert air conditioning repair services in Miami. We’ll identify the source of the problem and resolve it completely.