Your ductwork is an integral part of your HVAC system. As such, it should be designed for maximum efficiency and longevity. One of the best ways to ensure you achieve this, and more, with your ductwork, is to have sheet metal ductwork fabricated for your home. Having ductwork tailored to your home and HVAC system has a number of benefits, but without professional help, you could encounter ongoing problems down the road. For over 13 years, Air on Demand has been fabricating sheet metal ductwork for customers in Homestead, FL and all over the Miami area, and we can make sure you have a ductwork system designed and fabricated to last for years to come.
Why Should I Consider Custom Ductwork?
Here are some reasons custom ductwork can be a good choice for homeowners:
- Helps distribute air to all rooms evenly
- Helps to create a system with neutral air pressure, which is optimal for the operation of your system and your comfort
- Helps your system to achieve its highest level of energy efficiency
- Reduces wear and tear on your system
- Helps improve indoor air quality
It’s All About Correct Calculation
When you hire a professional to create custom ductwork, the following items should be taken into consideration in order to create a ductwork system perfectly suited for your HVAC system and your home:
- Correct heating and cooling calculations – by doing load calculations, your fabricator can correctly size the ductwork to ensure that your home receives the proper air load.
- Creation of ducts that have the straightest route from your air handler to a given room – ductwork that has many turns can make it harder for your system to deliver the necessary air flow to your living spaces.
- Have a matching return duct for every supply register – having matching supply and return ducts helps keep the circulation in your home optimal.
- Properly secure seals with metal binding and mastic – ductwork that is properly sealed has significantly less air loss, which helps increase energy efficiency and indoor air quality, and puts less stress on your system.
Having the right ductwork for your home makes all the difference between being comfortable and energy efficient, and not. Call Air on Demand and schedule an appointment with one of our fabrication experts to see how custom sheet metal ductwork in Homestead, FL can help your home.