There are noises that you may be used to hearing when you turn on your air conditioner, like a steady whoosh of air or a brief clicking as the system kicks on. There are other noises, however, that you may notice concern you–and they should too! Not every noise your AC makes is a good thing, some sounds are a sign that you need central AC repair in Miami.
If your air conditioner doesn’t sound quite right, you shouldn’t try to ignore it. Instead, you should reach out to our team as soon as possible to get your repairs scheduled.
5 Sounds Your Air Conditioner Shouldn’t Make
When it comes to a noisy air conditioner, sometimes the sounds aren’t much to worry about. Sounds like a heavy whoosh of air might be a little too aggressive for your liking, but they are normal. On the other hand, there is more than one noise you don’t want this home comfort system to make such as:
- Continuous clicking: Clicking at the beginning and end of your air conditioner’s cooling cycle can be normal but if you are noticing that your system clicks continuously, it is likely something is off with your thermostat or your AC unit. Get it checked out.
- Screeching or screaming: One of the more obnoxious noises that your system may create is a screeching or screaming noise. These sounds are going to be a warning sign of problems with a motor belt or a loose/broken fan blade that is scraping around its housing.
- Rattling: If your air conditioner sounds like it is going to shake apart, it may mean that there is something loose within the system. From a loose bolt to rattling ductwork, this noise should prompt you to reach out to a professional.
- Hissing: This one may be a little tougher to pick up on but if you hear hissing you will want to reach out to a trained technician ASAP. One cause may be a clogged air filter while another may be a refrigerant leak.
- Buzzing: Last but not least, buzzing noises are also a sign of a problem. Buzzing can indicate trouble with the electrical components of your AC, or it can mean there is trouble with your evaporator coil.
Professional Repairs to Restore Your Comfort
If you hear any of the noises above, you should reach out for professional central air conditioner repairs as soon as possible. Some noises may be more serious than others but trust us when we say that early service is better than delayed service. Even if you hear a noise you simply aren’t sure about, reaching out to our team is always your best bet.
The team at Air On Demand is your go-to resource for your air conditioning system repairs. From funky noises or smells to a lack of reliable cool air, whatever the problem is, we can identify if and get it fixed.
Contact Air On Demand to schedule your next repair or any other AC service you may need.