As the days get hotter and hotter, you want to keep your home as cool as possible. While cranking up your Miami air conditioning system is tried and true solution, there are other ways you can keep your home cool (and help your AC work better). Improving your air conditioner’s energy efficiency is an added benefit of many of these tips.
- A ceiling fan can help circulate the cool, air conditioned air through your home. A ceiling fan will also make you feel colder, so you can turn your thermostat up a few degrees, saving energy.
- Pay attention to where you place your thermostat. If your thermostat is near a device that produces a lot of heat, like a TV or an oven, it will read the wrong temperature for the room and cause your AC to cool your home too much. A thermostat that is improperly calibrated can have the same issue. An accurate thermostat will keep your home comfortable, and it will save energy if you no longer have to constantly adjust the thermostat setting in attempt to get the right temperature.
- Your landscaping can also affect how well your air conditioning system works. Adding trees or shrubs will shade your air conditioner, which leads to it using less electricity. However, make sure the plants to do not restrict the air flow.
- Close curtains during the day to prevent added heat from entering your home. The curtains can add a layer of insulation that can keep your home cool.
- Annual maintenance is the best thing you can do to keep your AC cooling effectively. A technician will clean your unit and replace any worn parts, so your air conditioner will be able to keep your home cool all summer. It also improves energy efficiency, which is something that you can appreciate every month when you get your energy bills!
Air conditioners cool and dehumidify your air, which can go a long way towards making your home comfortable this summer. By following these few simple steps, you can keep your home cool and save energy, which is something that everyone can appreciate. For more information about how to keep your Miami AC in peak condition this summer, give Air On Demand a call today!