Is it time to replace your air conditioner, but you aren’t sure what system to choose? With so many choices available, it can be difficult to know which system is best for you. One option you may want to consider is ductless air conditioning. Ductless systems offer some benefits others don’t, including the ability to both heat and cool. The best way to know which system is best for your air conditioning installation in Miami is to work with an expert. Air on Demand has been helping customers with air conditioning installation, repair and replacement for years, and we can help you choose and install an AC system that is right for you and your home.
How Does a Ductless System Work?
As the name implies, ductless systems do not deliver cooling (or heating) via ductwork; instead, individual indoor blowers are used. The blowers are about 35” long and contain a small fan, evaporator coils and an air filter. The blowers are supported by an outdoor unit that is very similar to that of a traditional split-system AC. The outdoor unit contains a compressor and condenser, and can support up to 4 indoor blowers. The indoor blowers and outdoor unit are connected by a small conduit placed in an exterior wall that contains the refrigerant line, power cord and condensate pipe. Each blower operates individually, and when one is turned on, the air conditioning cycle begins.
What Are the Benefits of a Ductless System?
There are a few benefits of a ductless system worth considering when planning to install a new air conditioner:
- Can offer both heating and cooling – a ductless system can use heat pump technology to provide both heating and cooling for your home.
- Customized comfort – each blower operates independently, allowing you to customize your cooling as needed.
- Energy efficiency – because you only use the amount of cooling you need, ductless systems can help improve energy efficiency. Also, ductless systems eliminate all energy efficiency problems that can originate from faulty ductwork.
- Easy installation – indoor blowers can be mounted flush against walls or hung from ceilings, so installation is quite quick and easy.
- No need for ductwork – as the name implies, you can have whole-home cooling without the cost and hassle of having to install ductwork.
With so many different types of ACs to choose from, it can be difficult to know what type of air conditioning is best for your installation in Miami. Call Air on Demand today and schedule an appointment with one of our installation experts.